GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER
Because of its many environmental benefits, synthetic turf is naturally a green product. Learn more about how the benefits outweigh natural grass.
- Saves millions of gallons of water every year
- Excludes dangerous chemicals, fertilizers, and pesticides
- Removes the need for pollution - producing mowing equipment
- Provides support to the U.S. Green Building Council
LEED 2009 NEW CONSTRUCTION AND MAJOR RENOVATIONS
- We Credit 1.1 Water Efficient Landscaping: Reduce by 50%
- We Credit 1.2: Water Efficient Landscaping: No Potable Water Use or No Irrigation (1 Point in addition to WE Credit 1.1)
Materials & Resources
- MR Credit 5.1: Regional Materials: 10% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point)
- MR Credit 5.2: Regional Materials: 20% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point in addition to MR Credit 5.1)
INSTALLING SYNTHETIC TURF IS A POSITIVE MOVE FOR WATER CONSERVATION
Private landscape irrigation is estimated to end up using nearly 9 billion gallons of water per day.
In particular regions, outdoor water use can add up to 70 percent of Austin residential property’s water usage. Between 30,000 and 70,000 gallons of water every year is used to water a 1,000 square foot lawn.
AND IT WILL SAVE MONEY
For a 1,000 square foot project, this can mean a savings of 70,000 gallons per year, or up to $350 off the water bill, on its own. Our residential landscape products are warrantied for 15 years, so throughout the life of the lawn, you can save about $5,250 in water cost.
The normal cost of fertilizers and pesticides for residential properties in Austin is $0.20 square foot each year. For a 1,000 sq ft lawn, that leads to savings of $200 every year, or $3000 during the entire life of the lawn.
ELIMINATE WASTE AND TIME SPENT ON MAINTENANCE
The EPA forecasts that, on average, 33.2 million tons of yard trimmings were built up each year, the third-largest division of Municipal Solid Waste in landfills. The resident spends 150 hours each year maintaining the lawn. Synthetic grass eliminates that need.